Monday, May 5, 2014

An investigator's testimony

This week was super great! Our members have started to get really excited about the work, because of our amazing investigator, Cleiton! The members of our ward offered a lot of help this week with missionary work, which gave Elder Brooks and I the chance to get all of our investigators acquainted with some of the members in the ward. Because of all this help, many of the members got to see the joys of missionary work. Fast sunday also helped a ton with this. 

Yesterday, many of our members bore their testimonies about missionary work, because of the experiences they had with our investigators. Then, one of the last people to bare his testimony was.... Cleiton! He didn't know if he was able to bear his testimony as a non-member, so he gave the Bishop a little sign. The Bishop beckoned him to come up to the stand. His testimony was something like this: "Hello Brothers and Sisters. I'm not baptized yet, but I wanted to share my testimony that I know that I have found the true Church of Jesus Christ. I am here to give testimony that the Book of Mormon is true, and contains the Words of God, as well as the Bible has. I will be baptized into this Church. I have gained this testimony for myself, and all of you here that haven't been baptized yet, you guys can find this testimony also! I also want to invite those people to be baptized, because I know already that I will find happiness with my baptism, and I know you all can too. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." And Elder Brooks and I began to giggle like little girls that stumbled into a shop full of Barbies.

There isn't really anything cooler that I can share with you guys, so I'll just leave it at that for this week! Until next week! Tchau!

Elder Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment