Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Elder Bishop writes his Grandpa

Hello Grandpa! Everyone has been telling me about you lately, and I'm sorry to hear that you are sick again! I've been praying for you every night, and I'm really hoping that you can get well soon. I just wanted you to know that you are really an inspiration in my life of hard work and dedication. I've always looked up to you as such a wonderful example of diligence. Especially here in the mission, where I've been learning to dedicate my time and service to God, I have appreciated more and more of the service that you have always strived to give to your family and to our Savior. I remember how fond I was as a child to tell everyone of my Grandpa Evans. I gloried (as I do to this day) in the fact that I had a Grandpa that, no matter what ailed him in life, would always give his best and his hardest in the service of the Lord. I look forward still to the day where all of your descendents will talk about the great dedication that you gave as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that you have lived to the fullest the Law of Sacrifice, and I am very grateful for having you as my Grandpa. I know that God loves you very much, and I want you to know that I love you too! I'm looking forward to the day after my mission where I will be able to see you and give you a hug! See you later Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment