Monday, June 9, 2014

First week as a Father!!

Well, it's official now. I'm a father. I'm going to be the mission "Dad" of Elder Imperador. Or, in English, Elder Emperor. Pretty sweet, huh?



This week went pretty smooth, for the first week as a trainer. Elder Imperador is already super familiar with Preach My Gospel, so he has been learning really fast. He's super excited to be serving here, and I'm really glad that I will be training him. He's also really excited to see all the miracles that we are constantly bombarded with. I'll send everyone a picture of when I picked him up at the mission office! I'm so excited to be training! 

This week, we had a pretty awesome miracle: Elder Imperador and I went to go teach an investigator, Loreina. She's been investigating the church for a long time now. Loreina is 14 years old, and has been going to church with her aunt and uncle for about ten months, but has never had the opportunity to get baptized. This is because her mother, for some reason, has never given permission for her to get baptized. Loreina has gotten very frustrated at times because of this, but we've always encouraged her to keep on praying for a way that she could get baptized. Well, when we went to teach her this week, her mother happened to be there, and sat to listen to the lesson. We taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we focused on baptism and recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost. At the end, I felt inspired to ask Loreina's mom permission for the baptism. She just up and said "Well, if Loreina wants to be baptized, I'll support her in it." It was so cool! After five sets of missionaries, Loreina is going to be baptized! The funny part of this story, however, is that Loreina still has to wait two more weeks because she broke her leg. But it'll all work out in the end!

That's about it for this week. We are working with a lot of families at the moment, and almost all of them need to get married before they can get baptized, so it looks like we are going to be working a lot with the marriage-government-contract-thingy here (I have absolutely no idea what to call it in English). Keep on the good work in wherever you are, everyone else! Tchau!

Elder Daddy Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment