Monday, October 6, 2014

Hello everyone! Our week was a rush! Elder Andersen and I had to go to the mission office twice to get everything resolved with the legalities and such of entering Brazil. And now, I'm proud to say, Elder Andersen is absolutely one hundred percent legal in Brazil! 

Anyway, this week went by very well. We were able to talk to a lot of people this week, and we found a few people that were very excited to hear about the Gospel. I'm not going to lie though, working in a bigger area is a lot different than what I've gotten used to. For those of you that don't know, my last area was extremely small. And this area is extremely big. So, it's been pretty different this tranfer in terms of the work. However, I'm starting to get the hang of it, and the work should pick up pretty soon. 

Conference! That was awesome. I hope everyone liked how many of the talks will be in the native languages of the speakers from now on. That part blew my mind. The coolest was when Elder Godoy of the Seventy spoke, because he's Brazilian. Also, I watched all of Conference in Portuguese, which was quite different but really cool at the same time. 

Well, during conference, one of our investigators, with Elder Bednar's talk in the Sunday afternoonsession, started to cry. That was pretty awesome. Unless they were tears of sadness. However, I think that the talk really spoke to him. His name is Marcos, and he is completely ready to be baptized, however he's a little afraid of his Catholic mom. We've talked with him that he doesn't have to fear, because blessings will always follow a trial of faith, however he hasn't worked up the courage to make this decision on his own. I'm really hoping that Elder Bednar's talk changed that. We are going to talk to himtonight to see how he's doing. 

And that was my crazy awesome week! Tchau!

Elder Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment