Monday, October 20, 2014

Galliton, Missouri: Elder Andersen's family lives here!!!!!!

Well! This week was... well... it was downright amazing! With all of our hard work here in Ala Autran Nunes, it seems like everything is starting to pay off. We found a bunch of awesome people this week, and I'm quite excited to start teaching them. 




First off, we had an amazing lesson with this one guy, Iago. He's unmarried, but he lives with his girlfriend, and he's been extremely receptive to the gospel. Unfortunately we haven't had the time to teach his girlfriend. Actually, last week it was hard to talk to either of them, because they got into a fight and the girlfriend, Carol, ran away to a different state. And then Iago chased after her, and so they were gone for awhile. Well, we found Iago in his house this week, and Carol wasn't home. We talked to him and it seemed that they had resolved their differences. We got to talking with him, teaching a little about how God gives us certain situations to learn to grow, and then I felt the impression to share about marriage. Iago took it all in very thoughtfully, and then he shared with us what he had been going through the past week. He said "I was extremely depressed with the big fight that Carol and I had, and I just really didn't know what to do. Everything is good in between us now, but in the moment I felt lost. I felt that everything was slipping away, and that our relationship was about to end. I really love Carol. So I decided to kneel and pray. I asked God what I should do. I told Him that I knew He could do all things, and I asked Him if He could help my relationship. Finally, I ended saying that above all I would accept whatever His decision would be, even if it meant ending my relationship. After the prayer, I sat in thought, and as I was thinking, I felt very strongly that God wanted me to ask Carol in marraige. I did, and everything is going strong with us now. I'm really happy with my answer." 

Iago then declared that he knew that we also were sent to bring the same message to him and Carol. We then testified about God's law of marraige and Chastity that was created to form the great power of a family unit, established here on earth with an eternal potential. The Holy Ghost testified to our hearts and to the heart of our investigator about the sacred role of the family here on earth. It was pretty awesome.

Also, we had many other small miracles here and there, and it was basically the best week I've had in a long time! I'm quite excited about the work here in Ala Autran Nunes. 

So until we meet again! Tenha uma ótima semana!

Elder Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment