Monday, December 29, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM BRAZIL

Chrismas has passed in Brazil! Now we just have to survive the New Year! 

This week was really great. DUH. Christmas is the best, and even though we´re pretty far away from our families, as missionaries we still can feel that special spirit of Christmas. It does help that our Ward gave us a ton of chocolate. 

But seriously, Christmas was great! We got to talk to our families over Skype, eat a ton, and over everything else we were able to remember the birth of Christ, the Savior of all mankind. On Christmas day, every Zone got together (under the President´s directions) to host a special Christmas meeting. It was awesome.

Christmas Eve, the Bishop of our ward invited us to dinner, where we had a great time. At the end of the dinner, the Bishop and his family shared with us something very interesting that they did this Christmas. Starting at the beginning of the month of December, each family member sought to do acts of Christlike missionary service. With each act, the family would write out a description of the act on a piece of paper, and put it into this box. The box was then wrapped up on Christmas Eve (before we got there), and labeled as a Gift to Christ. And so we watched the Bishop´s family open the present and read these acts out loud. It was awesome to see the family remember about all the good things they had done this Christmas season. I feel my Savior was pretty happy with that.

Also, I FINALLY got to see the Christmas video made by the Church, ´He is the Gift,` so that was fun! It was wonderful to be able to remember the simple beginnings of the most important Life that ever Is. Based on my experiences here in Brazil, and in the teachings and guidances of my parents during my childhood, I could truly say this Christmas that I know that my Redeemer lives. I know with all my soul that He lives and that He loves us, and most importantly, that He, even God, suffered all pains, sins, and afflictions so that each and everyone of us here on earth can gain a life after death. Also, I can say that I know that if we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we can experience the greatest life after death, which is Life Eternal. I am here in Brazil to share these wonders with everyone I possibly can, with the hope that they can accept these eternal truths and come unto Christ.

And that is it. Happy Holidays, everyone.

Elder Bispo









No comments:

Post a Comment