Tuesday, February 10, 2015


Hello everyone! This week was great! We were able to get quite a lot of work done, which always makes me happy. Also, today is the transfer! Elder Calisaya is going to leave the area. He´s also leaving Fortaleza! He will be going to a more rural area here in the mission, called Canindé. It was opened fairly recently. The Church has blossomed exceptionally well there, so he´s going to have a great time.

My new companion will be Elder Castanho. He started out his mission in the Litoral Stake (where I stayed for 9 months), so I got to know him a little bit already. He´s from São Paulo.

Also, Lukas was baptized yesterday. His baptism was really wonderful. Some of the less actives from our area were able to watch the baptism and feel the fire of the gospel again. Also, one of our members brought a friend to church, and she also was able to watch the baptism. Gil Filho (one of the priests in our ward) baptized Lukas, as Lukas had asked. Everything went super smooth and peachy. Now we´re going to get this man on a mission! 

This week, we also found a few new investigators that have quite a lot of potential! We have two new families that we are teaching. I´m pretty darn excited to see their progress.

So basically, it was another great week. Except Saturday. Saturday was just one of those days where everything had to go wrong. However it was also quite a hilarious day. 

Saturday, we woke up at 7:00. Yup. Our alarm decided that it would take the day off. So we missed out on our time to work out with Robério. Then, when we were going to lunch, I tripped and hit my thigh on a rock. That hurt. Then, about 10 minutes later, I noticed that because of said trip-rock-hit-thigh incident, everything in my shirt pocket had spilled out. So we had to walk all the way back to get it. What I found most cruel was that my brand new unused pen was nowhere to be found. After spending a short but sentimental moment, reflecting on how the young and shiny pens must always die young, we then continued on to lunch. Afterwards, we were bombarded by some really crafty drunk guy, that wanted 5 thousand bucks to free his grandchild from prison (don´t worry, the story was a lie). He was quite insistent. Then, later, we went to teach a man who struggles also with drinking, and my companion broke his door (on accident). After this, we talked to one more drunk guy, who insisted that we were catholic priests and that we should come to his house to bless it and stuff like that. 

HOWEVER, Saturday ended with pizza. The end always justifies the means!

And that is my week. Tchau!

Elder Bispo

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment